Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby: 101

There are 101 more days until my due date. To be honest with you, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I assume every first-time mother feels rushed to make sure everything is just right before the baby get here. I'm starting to feel it now. So many things left to do in the next few months. Still have to move and put up her bed, move her dresser into her room, recover the recliner (yes, the FL artsy-fartsy side of me if coming out), make curtains for her room (it's really coming out!), baby showers to attend and then stuff from them to put up, toys to clean and clothes to wash. I have to stop - my brain is about to boil. And this is some of the reason I don't seem to be getting much sleep these days. I have lists after lists running through my head of things to get done. And I know I'm the only person in the world this happens to! Am I really behind or do I just feel that way?
Oh, and the bedding that we had picked out...yep, no longer made. So here is what we are going with now. What do yall think?


Girly, right? I even surprised myself! I have already made up my mind that if we can't get this then it will just have to all be "mental institution" white.
Now here's where she is just 101 days before her arrival date. In week 25 she measured about 12.5 inches and weighed about a pound and a half (about like a rutabaga). She is starting to get some baby fat on those bones to smooth out her wrinkles. And if we could see her hair, which I am assuming she has lots of, we would be able to discern the color and texture. Week 26 means that her nerves in her ears are better developed and more sensitive so she probably is able to hear our voices. She is also inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid which is helping to develop her lungs. Getting bigger, she weighs about a pound and two-thirds and is about 14 inches long (about the size of an English cucumber). I don't feel much different except for the belly that's getting bigger by the day.

1 comments:

Teri said...

I love the new bedding...it's adorable. Also, just write down your lists...send them to me and I'll get stuff done for you :) You know I'll help you do whatever you need. I can't believe she'll be here soon! I can't wait :)