Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Have I kept you in suspense long enough?

We are............not pregnant. Sorry to disappoint. Believe me, no one was more disappointed than we were. I started on Saturday. Yep, that would be the day before Mother's Day. Needless to say this was not the best Mother's Day I've experienced. I pretty much kept to myself most of the day. We had some family come up and I visited with them for a bit but quickly found myself on the tractor, my place of solitude. I got some of mama's flowerbed finished but we are still no where close to being finished.

My ultrasound brought even more bad news. I have two cysts. One on each ovary. See...
(left side cyst is 43 x 37mm or a little bit bigger than a milk jug top)
(right side cyst is 31 x 20mm)
So what does that mean? It's not going to happen this month either. I started back on birth control pills to prevent me from ovulating this month. Without ovulating no more cysts should be able to grow and hopefully that will give the cysts enough time to go away on their own.
This puts a little kink in our plans. Brad and I discussed it Sunday night and we do not want to continue down this path if nothing seems to be working. We have another appointment in June for some testing and if those testes...I mean tests come back ok then we are going to give it one more cycle of meds and then break from it all for a while. If doc thinks an IUI may be the answer then we will have to continue saving and do one when we can. So there's our plan and like all things in the world it's subject to change.
To be honest with you I do kinda feel some relief in this. I don't have to stress this month about temp taking or ovulation tests or blood work and ultrasounds or shots at all. Hopefully I can just relax this month and concentrate on fishing and working on my tan.

4 comments:

Becky said...

and coming to see me, right? i can rub your head this time if you need me to.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I'm really, really sorry. I battle big cysts, as well, and they aren't just frustrating for the baby-making process -- they can be painful, too! Just to give you some hope, though, I had a complex, baseball-sized cyst inside my right ovary at the end of December. they said surgery might be necessary. By Groundhog Day, it had completely resolved itself. God can work wonders!

You'll remain in my prayers.

Tony and Susan said...

it is strangely relieving to take a break! hopefully those cysts will just dissolve away! praying for you!