Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

IUI day

Yesterday was the big day. We went to the hospital for Brad's part of the procedure and then took the...um, stuff...over to my doc's office for the IUI. I made the mistake of looking in the envelope to check out the...um, stuff. The insertion needle was in there. Y'all is 6 inches long -- no joke. Measured it from the tip of my bird finger and it went past my wrist!!

Brad informs me that when they call me back he is going to sit in the lobby. OH NO SIR!! First of all I will not be by myself when our child is conceived and second of all...well isn't that enough?!? There are few things in this world that scare me but this scared me. Not the pain of it but just knowing what's being done. It sucks to know that you and your husband can't make a baby on your own and have to have a doctor do it. Modern medicine is wonderful but I just wished we didn't have to find out from this end. Anyway, he did go back with me and finally told me why he didn't want to be back there...he said he didn't want to be in the room with another man seeing my hoodywho. Sweet, but not good enough for this case.

I was spotting when I woke up yesterday morning but Dr. Ashurst said that the meds seemed to be agreeing with me nicely for this month and lots of times the LH surge will cause spotting. Or it could have just been nerves too. And he said that Brad's "stuff" was better this time than last so he is very optimistic about it working on the first shot. The IUI itself was kinda painful and I was told that it probably would be because my uterus isn't tilted just a little like I was told...it's severely tilted. So after the IUI was completed doc told me he was going to place a sponge under my uterus to keep it tilted correctly for a while. The sponge was on a stick - I felt like a lollipop!

I was told that I should expect some cramping for the rest of the day - yep - and cramping the next day too - yep. Now is the not so fun part, waiting. It will be a couple of weeks before we know if it worked. Pray for my nerves, emotions, and that God says this is the time.

6 comments:

Teri said...

You are most definitely in my prayers. I'm sorry it was painful, but it will be worth it if it works. Talk to you soon. Love you.

Tiffany said...

And now the two week wait starts...and I'll be praying for you the whole time. I'm so excited for you!

Ivy said...

You are so brave!!! Im so excited for you guys. You know you are in my prayers:)

Tony and Susan said...

ok, i was laughing so hard at this post :). our fun part was that tony's name is actually john anthony so when the dr. asked my husband's name to verify that he had the right...stuff...i was like, "tony or john, not sure which one". he said we'd probably end up with an asian baby or something since we couldn't figure out what name it was under!

Becky said...

so i'm gonna ask. first of all, does brad know where a baby comes out? cause not all babies come from the sun roof like mine. some come from the hoodywho. and i'm assuming he'll be in the delivery room with you. therefore, meaning your doc will be there seeing all of your hoodywho glory...and not at it's best looking moment. i'm just sayin.

CLS said...

I finally replied to your email but now I see it was a little late. Saying prayers for you and Hubby!