Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Yep it's true

we're pregnant!

June 30th was Brad's birthday and it was just killing me not testing. So I snuck back to the bathroom, dipped my stick and went back to get the brownies out of the oven. I went back to the bathroom and found this...


Called Brad back who was ticked because he thought he'd been summoned to kill a spider. He looked at the test and then looked at me and asked why I was shaking so bad. I couldn't believe it! Finally a positive. But we were cautiously optimistic because the last shot I took could give a false positive. So off to Prattville we went to buy another test. Got back home and tested again about 10:30. I called FL who's exact words were "sounds promising." I know she doesn't want us to get our hopes up but a little bit of enthusiasm wouldn't hurt. I mean, when I called Becky to tell her she spoke in a voice that only dogs could hear. Now that's excitement!
Woke up the next morning and took another test...trifecta

I called doc's office and left a message for Brenda. It took her no time to call back and wanted me to come in asap for blood work. My hcg levels on 7/2 were 266 and progesterone was 26.7. Brenda told me it looks really good but to come back in the next week to make sure my hcg is doubling every 2 days like it should. On 7/9 my hcg was 4095 and progesterone was steady. I'm definitely pregnant! I have my first official ultrasound scheduled for 7/21.
Thank you so much for all the prayers lifted up for me through all this. Y'all have no idea how much it has meant to me and Brad. And please continue to pray for those who have not yet gotten the positive test they are looking for.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica it was so great seeing you last week-end and to be able to share your joy with the family. You and Brad will make wonderful parents. FL is always a little reserved, but she is a great mame. Love you guys, Peggy