Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Doc

Today Brad and I met with a new doctor, Dr. Ashurst at Physicians for Women in Montgomery. Yes, Brad went with me and he said it really wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. We did have to even out his day with a trip to the Bass Pro Shops, but I certainly didn't mind. Anyway, doc asked a zillion questions about everything that has been going on for the last 17 months and then gave words of advise, "START YOUR PERIOD!" He wrote me an Rx for Provera but doubled the dose that that I had been given in the past so the ball will get rolling. After I start I'm to call and let him know and he will advise me of what tests we will do first. He said that he wants blood work for all my levels throughout my cycle and that he will probably be doing a few ultrasounds along the way. I will have my Rx filled in the morning and start it tomorrow night. He did not check my insulin and I forgot to ask if I should continue taking the Actos so I will tonight and ask about it tomorrow. For anyone who has taken Provera in the past you know I just CAN NOT WAIT for this period...and all the mood swings that accompany it. Y'all hold hold - it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

Tony and Susan said...

the only thing that i can come up with is at least you have something to blame the meanness on :). praying for you girl...and all those around you for the next few weeks....

glad you're doing this! use it as therapy, i did!

Tony and Susan said...

ps. punny title :)