Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Peace in the Valley

Well, I'm tired and so weary

But I must go along...
There will be peace in the valley
For me, Oh Lord I pray
There'll be no sadness
No sorrow, no trouble I see
There will be peace
In the valley for me.

Yep, I'm in a valley. At least it's not a pit. Woke up before the crack of dawn Sunday morning to get ready for church. Ya know us Southern Baptist have to do the Easter sunrise service. Anyway, I had started. In that split second I went from "everything just might work out this month" to "are You kiddin me?!?" I know I shouldn't holler at the Lord, but I'll be honest and let you know I do. So when I hollered Brad comes running to see what's wrong. Y'all he didn't cry but he teared up. My big ole burly man teared up and that was all she wrote. I just wanted to crawl back in bed and cry myself back to sleep. The feeling still hasn't gone away.
Then last night on the way home I kept hearing a scrubbing sound from Brad's truck. We pulled over to make sure the tire wasn't going flat or anything was hung under it...nope. I even made him check to make sure the lugs were tight (nothing scarier than the front wheel of the tractor falling off while you're hauling hay - right Ashley?). We pulled under the barn at the in-law's and pulled the tire off. Apparently the ball bearings are going bad. Yea, I've got experience in that department too. So now we have to have them replaced.
I'm not looking for mountains right now. Above sea level would be great. At least some level ground.
The weekend wasn't a total bust. Thursday was great cause I got to see my Becky and her crew for a whole 15 minutes as they passed thru my neck of the woods. I was off Friday so it was ok. I did get the grass cut before it started raining and hailing. Saturday Brad and I went fishing BY OURSELVES which doesn't happen often. 95% of the time we have Adam, Brad's brother, aka our first born, with us. Then Sunday afternoon we (our family of 3) went back fishing after lunch with Mema and Papa Moore. With a few exceptions it was good weekend.
*congrats to Brad for his second turkey of the season*

2 comments:

Teri said...

Thanks for that post...now I'll be crying with you. I'm praying you'll get to the level ground and up the mountains soon :) Love you.

Tony and Susan said...

so sorry!!! that really stinks!! i know that's an understatement. just keep taking one day at a time. keep treading water with your head up and the water will float you up...yeh, i tried the metaphor and it's not working! yours is better. valley, mountains, sea level...keep on keeping on!!